I'm not able to install PostgreSQL 7.3.2 from ports because I get the following error
after having just installed openssl-0.9.7a_2. openssl shows up in /var/db/pkg.

When I try to make in /usr/ports/databases/postgresql7 I get the following error:

"This port requires the OpenSSL library, which is part of the FreeBSD crypto
distribution but not installed on your machine. Please see the "OpenSSL" section in
the handbook (at ...) for instructions on how to obtain and install the FreeBSD
OpenSSL distribution.
*** Error code 1

Stop."

On a different list I received the following advice and acted upon it but the above
error persists:

"This is because libcrypto had its shlib version bumped from .2 to .3
after OpenSSL's last round of security bugs.  If you symlink
libcrypto.so.2 to libcrypto.so, you should be okay.  -sc"

Tamir