I have developed a project for use at my ISP, which I have been keeping in
my CVS repository (as I do all of my projects). CVS is working great, but
I have a somewhat unrelated question, which I would apprecieate
redirection if required.

The current state of my app is ready for production, so I would like to
take a snapshot of it as is, then implement it. I would like to leave this
snapshot alone, and further develop in other aspects of the program now.
Am I correct with this method?:

- commit my current source and branch as RELEASE
- download RELEASE onto production server and put into use

- further work will continue normally, and the RELEASE branch will not be
affected

- when I am ready for the new features, I can re-branch to a new RELEASE,
redownload onto production and repeat

- if changes are made and required into RELEASE, I can merge at that time.

Tks for any assistance!

Steve