On 5-10-2010 5:53, Doug Poland wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 09:19:52PM -0500, Adam Vande More wrote:
> The documentation for www/pound
> indicated "HTTPS does not allow virtual hosting".  I seem to recall
> bumping into this issue in the past that one cannot do named-based
> vhosts on HTTPS.
>
> Look like it's back to the drawing board...

You could circumvent that issue by terminating your HTTPS sessions on
the reverse proxy itself (and talk HTTP to the application server). Some
applications won't work that way, but modern ones (and even Outlook Web
Access) can use a HTTPS-front-end. The problem exists within
applications with hard-coded links.

Peter

--
http://www.boosten.org