I was in the process of reinstalling a machine today and had installed 9-
CURRENT to a 512MB flash card. After reconnecting an HDD which had dirty
filesystems on it and booting I was surprised to see a message:

Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad2s1a
WARNING: /home was not properly dismounted
/home: mount pending error: blocks 76 files 0

But, /etc/fstab just contains:

/dev/ad2s1a     /               ufs             rw                      1
1
/dev/acd0               /cdrom  cd9660  rw,noauto               0       0

Should FreeBSD be reporting errors on filesystems it hasn't been asked to
mount yet?

--
Bruce Cran