Gary Kline wrote:
On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 04:16:54PM -0400, Brad Mettee wrote:
Gary Kline wrote:
On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 01:14:27PM -0500, Ryan Coleman wrote:
That's if someone messed up the original CSR, IMO, or didn't get the ServerName
directive just right.

        --I don't know what the snag is, but even 5.2 fails.  php execs;
        it just doesn't do anything.  I built the test.php with

        <? phpinfo(); ?>

        and zip.  Scrreen is blank.  Let me try konqueror; maybe I don't
        have something turned on it firfox3.

        gary
Try using "<?php" as your beginning tag.

        Yeah, been doing that.  As a CLI guy, that's preferred:)
        I'll cutpaste.  You tell me.  [[this is with 5.2... ]]

r...@ethic:/usr/local/www/apache22/data# <?
Invalid null command.
r...@ethic:/usr/local/www/apache22/data# <? echo "hi" ?>
Missing name for redirect.
r...@ethic:/usr/local/www/apache22/data# php ./test.php
<? phpinfo(); ?>
r...@ethic:/usr/local/www/apache22/data#

        Hm.  php aimed at "./test.php" just catenates the file.  Does
        that tell you anything?
It tells us that PHP is working fine, and that nothing is wrong with the program itself.

I think it's down to a config problem now. Full tag usage "<?php" is required UNLESS you edit the php.ini. Here's the part you're looking for along with the comments:
-----
; Allow the <? tag.  Otherwise, only <?php and <script> tags are recognized.
; NOTE: Using short tags should be avoided when developing applications or
; libraries that are meant for redistribution, or deployment on PHP
; servers which are not under your control, because short tags may not
; be supported on the target server. For portable, redistributable code,
; be sure not to use short tags.
short_open_tag = Off
-----