On 10/31/10 14:06, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
Hi,

I'm doing a major overhaul of our Samba servers including an upgrade to
the latest port version, 3.5.6. I'm getting most things in place but a
remaining problem is that I cannot any longer use mount_smbfs:

mount_smbfs -I 192.168.1.8 //p...@mars/inter /home/mnt
Password:
mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Authentication error

Samba server log says:
mbd/sesssetup.c:1703(reply_sesssetup_and_X)
reply_sesssetup_and_X: Attempted encrypted session setup without negprot
denied!

smbclient works fine and so does connecting to the shares from Windows
and Konqerour like "smb://192.168.1.8/".

Anybody on the list with enough knowledge of Samba that could take a
shot at this? Apparently something changed between version 3.4 and 3.5
of Samba.

Thanks!

Just noted another post from yesterday, same issue:
"Issue wit Samba 3.5.6 and Mac OS X 10.5"
I've filed a bug report to see if the maintainer could have a look.