Is it possible to access samba shares much like windows explorer does?

The ultimate solution would be UNC names with browsing. I would very much like to have my freebsd client see the network namespace in as similar fashion to windows as possible.

I also would like to avoid having to duplicate the hierarchy of mount points (for mount_smbfs) on every freebsd client in order to achieve this. Nautilus access the samba shares this way, but I want this work on the command line. Plus I prefer Thunar, which doesn't do samba access at all.

As it stands, I think I will have to mount all samba shares on a freebsd client into a top level directory named for the server name, with mount points sprinkled about.

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells