Quoth JB on Saturday, 04 December 2010:
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 14:42:09 +0100, J B wrote:

> Hi,
> thanks to every body who contributed to this thread.
>
> If I only, in addition, could get that console/bash Delete key working
> properly (delete a char under the cursor instead of the preceding one) it
> would be a perfect first rendezvous with this FreeBSD help group :-)
>
> JB

I'm not a bashophile, and I apologize if I misunderstand your request
because I deleted the rest of this thread without reading it,
but if you mean the "Backspace" key, try putting the following in ~/.inputrc:

set bind-tty-special-chars Off
RUBOUT: delete-char

the "Delete" key already works that way for me.

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterl...@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com