On Dec 14, 2010, at 9:01 PM, Dave Pooser wrote:
> Is there a better place I could/should be asking questions about PostgreSQL
> and DTrace on FreeBSD? Or is this combination still black magic at this
> point?

freebsd-ports@ is a reasonable alternative (since PostgreSQL is a port), but
freebsd-questions@ is the best place to ask "mixed" questions, where the issue
involves a combination of base system, ports, etc.

However, you should be able to run the thing under gdb, or debug a corefile
which was previously generated, and gain more information about what is going
wrong.  IMO, doing SQL query tracing and optimization is much more likely to
produce tunable performance improvements than working at the DTrace level....

Regards,
--
-Chuck