On 12/31/2010 08:04 PM, Da Rock wrote:
Depends on what you mean by 'fair'. I think you can now determine CPU usage in jails, even allocate cores. I think the man pages can tell you more about that, and the docs on freebsd.org. You can unmask some devices within the jail and allow only certain jails and users to access it. And finally I think you can jail a jail now, so that might be useful- especially in CPU allocation.

I was thinking about possible DoS issues with memory management, however, I have not read far enough into the Jails docs to find out if there is anything new in this arena. I was actually considering the security aspects of memory overflows, etc....

--
Respectfully,

Martes G Wigglesworth
M. G. Wigglesworth Holdings, LLC