Does anyone use the (dell) idrac embedded bmc on their bsd boxes..

I'm only interested in easy 'serial' access to the bios, and the running system, no need for any grpahical interfaces obviously. From what i've read they can power up/down machines too, but i'm a bit confused with the docs.

I've historically used a serial console server, and i usually flatten any new dells without much thought for the tools they come with..

Dell also sell their server mgmt cards as well, but i'm interested in hearing if the embedded bmc alone can offer an easy alternative to a console server.

thanks

--

Paul Macdonald