> Doing a "bt" would have been helpful right about there, but I think I've got
> enough info to suggest rebuilding your kernel with the following option:
>
> options         P1003_1B_SEMAPHORES

thanks again, Chuck.

I can easily get the bt if needed, but I looked into rebuilding the
kernel. It looks like I need to first update the source tree. I think I
can see how to do that with cvsup, but if I do that, am I going to be
trying to build an 8.3 kernel to run in a 7.2 environment? I suspect
that would not have the desired end result of a running computer...

Or should I just build the kernel with what's currently in /usr/src?

Keith