On 21/01/2011 14:54, Radomskiy Yuriy wrote:

how can upgrading to apache 2.2 + php5.3 be done with minimal downtime?

That's the more important question. I think that upgrading the configuration of your software will take more time than upgrading FreeBSD.

For example: apache22 port has a different (and better) configuration file structure than 2.0, and some web application still don't work with php 5.3.

If you know reasonably good enough how FreeBSD works, I don't think you will have trouble with that part of the upgrade (especially if you have a remote KVM or other console access).