release.
X-Of_Interest: With  24 years  of service to the  Unix community.

        Guys,

        I need some feedback from those DNS wizards onlist.  The trouble
        I've been having has to do with bind/named.

        My server failed when the old bind9 reached its end-of-life.
        Thr new bind97 is not a drop-in replacement and from the
        troubles I See in my /var/log/messages, I don't understand
        why things are suddenly breaking.

        Can I go back to the original, builtin bind in /contrib?  Else,
        how can I go to the dns/bind9 that has worked for years?

        thanks for any insights,

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix