On 01/25/11 10:41, Da Rock wrote:
On 01/25/11 18:46, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
On 01/24/2011 11:13 PM, Da Rock wrote:
I have been trying to get some pointers on my asterisk issues and I've
only been hearing crickets chirping (Asterisk list and here). I need a
pointer or two so I can fix this issue, so I'll try another angle.

How do I trace IP packets across the network (pf firewall included)?
And would it be possible to read it visually (human readable)?

Cheers
Use tcpdump to do a capture file. something like this:

tcpdump -i eth0 -n -s 1500 -w sip.cap

then feed sip.cap to wireshark

filter for SIP and observe the SIP conversation

It's also possible to decode the RTP stream
I've been using tcpdump on the asterisk server and both interfaces of
the firewall as well as the log interface. Unfortunately, its not giving
me the answers I want so far. Follow a stream from beginning to end, so
to speak, but I've been having trouble matching it up; especially with
the log.

Is it possible with wireshark to do this kind of matching if I capture
on all these interfaces?