On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 08:44:24PM +0000, Paul Macdonald wrote:
> On 01/02/2011 19:48, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> >
> >No, seriously... I was using sendmail before discovering postfix, and
> >pretty darn good at m4.  Or is that m4()dnl()? :)
> >
> >But I've never found postfix without a knob to do something I want it to
> >do, and most of the knobs are set properly right out of the box. (And
> >reasonably named too!)
> >
> so for us folks still using sendmail (which works fine for me)
>
> what benefits do we get with postfix that'd outweigh the hassles of
> changing?

Probably nothing, if you're asking about changing a current MTA
deployment when you're satisfied with what you have.  If you are looking
for an alternative to replace what you have because of frustrations with
your current setup, or if you are considering new deployments and whether
it is worthwhile to learn something new, that is another story
altogether.