On 02/03/11 05:14, Martes G Wigglesworth wrote:
Does anyone know what the new "minimal" install size is?

Minimal, no, but a recent thread about DruidBSD (a rescue system) said that the whole lot was 24 MB, so that gives you an upper limit.

I remember running across a blurb about FBSD-7 and above require more
space and supposedly won't fit on less than 512MB or something like that.

What are these specs?

And I feel like I should still be able to product an 8-20MB image for an
embedded firewall/network appliance.

I am attempting to port my firewall and vpn appliance to a CF-Card, or
to the user-loadable flash on this old PIII motherboard which runs this
system.

I am having a bit of a time locating information in reference to this
task, which does not reference 4.x and netbsd.

Have you looked at man 8 nanobsd? Intended to deal with just this sort of use.