>On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 09:09, Gary Kline <kl...@thought.org> wrote:
>>
>> Anybody know how to use this "Chrome"?  I don't see any places to
>> plug in players ... like vlc, etc.  Can't find and back/Forward
>> icons, nothing like firefox....    I give it all three thumbs
>> down.....
>>
>> Would still like to see GOOG have its own "twitter" and "facebook"
>> tho.....
>>
>> Anybody else have the browser on FBSD??
>>
>> -g
>>
>> --
>>  Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
>>           Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org
>>          The 7.98a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org
>>
>Hi.
>I use free package from http://chromium.hybridsource.org/ on my home pc.
>All works fine.
>Linux emulation used only for adobe flash but is other story....

My two cents:

>From a "user interface" perspective I find Chromium definitely nicer.
Firefox, as others have pointed out, still seems slow and clunky to
me.  On the "free" as in free to change code front, the Mozilla folks
seem more transparent.  Google may release the source, but there is
always a nagging feeling that might change.  I've never tried to look
at the Windows source code, but is it that easy to get?  After all,
that is clearly the largest user base.