> Those links both sport some pretty expensive prices.  My comparable ASUS
> cost about half that, and came with Windows 7 installed (which I simply
> erased).  Are those prices for real?
>
> --
> Sterling (Chip) Camden | sterl...@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
> http://chipsquips.com  | http://camdensoftware.com   | http://chipstips.com

Oh, I have no doubt they're for real. That's the problem with smaller
OEMs. You can't live on razor thin profit margins.

ZaReason www.zareason.com also has no-OS options (they're a Linux
vendor). Again, prices aren't the cheapest.

I personally buy my laptops by going to Staples, Circuit City, Best
Buy, etc. with the latest OpenBSD-current to check its dmesg (and I
highly recommend this) and blasting Windows off the HD as soon as I
get home, but the OP asked for no-OS laptops.

~Brian