On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Chad Perrin <per...@apotheon.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 08:09:21PM -0430, Andres Perera wrote:

>> > Good for him.
>>
>> let's pretend you know better by addressing your stupid responses
>
> Why are you such a troll?

the only trolling itt has been perpetuated by you early on by being randomly
argumentative against thorsten without knowing the slightest about the topic

>> > I take it "wonky" is some technical term with which I am not familiar.
>>
>> % if (0) echo > file
>> % ls
>> file
>>
>> but of course, this is old as hell and was already linked by someone
>> else in this thread
>>
>> ie, you're dodging problems
>
> I didn't dodge a problem.  I ignored something largely irrelevant to
> interactive use that *you* didn't bring up, anyway.
>
> Is that your only complaint about it being "wonky"?

% if ($?asd && $asd == str) echo true

(let's quote every line that was linked before)

>> > Really?  What question did I dodge?  If you repeat it, and it is not
>> > completely full of crap, I'll be happy to address it directly.
>
> Good job.  Usually, you'd be more effective pretending I didn't call you
> on something if you did not requote it.

>> > What does that have to do with it?  I never said otherwise.
>>
>> then what other feature in tcsh would leverage against modern shells?
>> why do i have to ask you this given that the query was implied a long
>> time ago by more than one person?
>
> Why do you think "more features" automatically equals "better"?

actually, i've been consistently argueing against the opposite

hence my calling out of redundant builtins

reading comprehension 101

>> > I guess that depends on how you define "feature" -- but I don't use csh
>> > without the t much, anyway, so that statement is not directly applicable
>> > to the interactive shell I have been using most of the time.
>>
>> actually, it does apply because ls-F is a tcsh builtin, not csh
>
> No, it doesn't apply, because the "barring" clause is not the primary
> clause of that statement.  The primary clause, and the point to which I
> responded, was "every feature in csh is present in other shells".

again sidestepping that you didn't know that ls-F was a tcsh builtin and
claimed the opposite

you are a boring, because you don't know what you're talking about and don't
admit it

i see that the trend continues throughout the rest of this mail...