On 05/03/2011 19:03, Warren Block wrote:
On Sat, 5 Mar 2011, David Demelier wrote:

I've got a brand new radeon hd 5670, when I switch between ttys it
takes about 5 seconds to refresh (to show the next tty)

Do you mean switching between text consoles (ttyv) or between a text
console and X?

Switching between X and a console, or particularly back from a console
to X, is slow unless you have moused_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf.

Is this due to the lack of KMS support in FreeBSD?

Probably not.

I recompiled the kernel with the VESA stuff, it's faster again now. Don't know if it only appears with GENERIC then.

--
David Demelier