<free...@insightbb.com>wrote:
> > My system had crashed and it caused a directory to los it's dot and
> > dot-dot entries. This was a directory that was used for iso-codes and
> > everytie I started X,  it would hang.
> >
> > So I didn't want to format the drive, too extreme.  So I de-installed all
> > my
> > ports to re-install.  After I got the ports un-installed, I was able to
> > fix the filesystem problem with fsck.  I tried beforehand,but it was way
> > too many
> > fsck issues.
> >

> > Anyway, I have somehow LOST my xorg.conf that WORKED.
> >
> > It was previously generated by xorg -configure.
>
> You didn't list your video card.
It's a laptop.No card. ATI Technologies Inc M24 1P [Radeon Mobility X600] rev
0,

> Most of the time, you don't need an xorg.conf anymore, just insure the
> proper drivers are installed e.g. video card and X should autodetect and
> use highest available settings.
That's what 'm saying.  It USED to work. NOW it doesn't.

--
System Name:         laptop2.StevenFriedrich.org
Window Manager(s):   kde4-4.5.5_1

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm: 32bit 2009061500/i386)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Intel ICH6 (82801FB)> (play/rec) default