On 03/10/2011 02:37 PM, Tom Worster wrote:
> freebsd-update install
> Installing updates...Bad system call (core dumped)
But your server is running and other services are ok?

Is your kernel still 7.1 ?
I guess it should be. (uname -a)

Looks like either a newer version of freebsd-update already got installed
which is not compatible with some library or the other way around.
I have never gone from 7.1 to 8.1 directly and I haven't lost my connection
during the updates.

Does freebsd-update rollback work?
I guess maybe not but it's worth a try.

Then it's time to dive into the exact workings of freebsd-update when going
from 7.1 to 8.1 I guess.

BTW Yes I mean sysutils/screen

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is for the intended recipient(s) only. Access,
disclosure, copying,
distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited. If you have
received it
by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system.