Hi,

I have an old backup from a MySQL data directory. It was created with MySQL version 3. If I install MySQL 4 then I get this message telling that the table was created with a different MySQL version.

So I try to install mysql 3. Here is the problem:

gw# pwd
/usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server
gw# make
===> mysql-server-3.23.59.n.20050301_3 obsolete and does not build with gcc4.2; use mysql 5 or later.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server.
gw#

But I really need mysql 3. I usually install everything from the ports tree, but in this case this won't work. I need a quick solution. Maybe I can install a different OS in a virtual machine. But do you know where can I download a BSD OS version that has a binary package of MySQL server 3? (I don't know how to search for a BSD OS that has binary packages for mysql3...)

Thanks,

   Laszlo