Allow me to add something here:

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:49:55 -0400, Tom Worster <f...@thefsb.org> wrote:
> FreeBSD in VirtualBox a convenient way of learning. It saves a lot of
> uninteresting messing around. And it allows me to save my project (by
> saving VM state), get on with some other work and come back to it later.

There is a project called VirtualBSD that developed a
FreeBSD system image that can be used with VirtualBox.
It is a preinstalled and preconfigured OS + applications
comparable to PC-BSD, but it uses Xfce instead of KDE,
and (in my opinion) it looks much better. :-)

Project homepage:
http://www.virtualbsd.info/

Screenshots:
http://www.virtualbsd.info/screenshots/

Downloads:
http://www.virtualbsd.info/download.html

In order to download the 1.3 GB image, you can easily
install e. g. the "ctorrent" program from ports, download
the torrent file from the web page mentioned above, and
then let ctorrent get the file.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany