When I look for tuning guides online, or reading tuning(7) I find a
lot of guides for tuning a system for multiple users or for specific
purposes (web servers, file servers, etc)

I am looking for specific tunables that might make the experience of
using FreeBSD better. I found the sysctl kern.maxusers but I'm unsure
how things affects things.  Can I reduce the amount of time, memory,
etc the kernel spends enforcing quota, scheduling, etc?

I don't have anything particular in mind - just want to get a general
set of tunables I might be interested in.

--
Eitan Adler