On Jun 14, 2011, at 11:19 AM, jh...@socket.net wrote:
> I am working with a vendor and they are wanting me to send them ip
> addresses via option 74 in DHCP (irc-server).  After I defined this in my
> dhcpd.conf file, the option is still not being sent.  However, I am not
> receiving a request for this option.

I'm not sure why someone would care about setting an IRC server via DHCPd,
but I won't second-guess the requirement.

> I have done a bunch of Googling this morning/afternoon, and have not been
> able to find a way to send the option whether it is requested or not.

You want:

       option dhcp-parameter-request-list uint16;

         This  option,  when  sent  by the client, specifies which options the
         client wishes the server to  return.    Normally,  in  the  ISC  DHCP
         client, this is done using the request statement.   If this option is
         not specified by the client, the DHCP  server  will  normally  return
         every  option  that  is  valid in scope and that fits into the reply.
         When this option is specified on the server, the server  returns  the
         specified  options.    This  can  be  used  to force a client to take
         options that it hasn't requested, and it can also be used  to  tailor
         the response of the DHCP server for clients that may need a more lim-
         ited set of options than those the server would normally return.

Regards,
--
-Chuck