On 16.06.2011 08:28, Gary Kline wrote:

> we had a power out here this morning and besides it costing most of
> my day, it blew out my Brother laser printer.  i just got it working
> FINALLY with our cups stuff.  don't asked me how; other than i was
> using our olden lpr/lpd and had /etc/printcap.
>
> is there a laser other than the brother {tm}?  i mean, that the
> members of this org would go for?

I'm very happy with my Xerox Phaser 6180 (color), but I've also used the
Phaser 3250. Both handle postscript + lpr just fine (and most other
standards), and priced affordable.

//Svein
--
--------+-------------------+-------------------------------
  /"\   |Svein Skogen       | sv...@d80.iso100.no
        |                   | sv...@stillbilde.net
 ascii  |                   | PGP Key:  0x58CD33B6
 ribbon |System Admin       | svein-listm...@stillbilde.net
Campaign|stillbilde.net     | PGP Key:  0x22D494A4
        |msn messenger:     | Mobile Phone: +47 907 03 575
        |sv...@jernhuset.no | RIPE handle:    SS16503-RIPE
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.