On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 15:08:39 +0200
Admin Cyanide articulated:

> The major difference is that when updating Microsoft's OS from a
> major version to another you have to pay.
> I'm not flaming, I just want to focus on the fact that this products
> have not the same constraints.

We were, or at least I was under the impression we were, discussion web
browsers. Microsoft and Mozilla both made significant changes in the
browsers before bumping the major version number. In this particular
instance, it appears that has not happened. What really bothers me is
that they EOL'd the version 4 virtually without warning after only a
few months. I have never seen Microsoft or Google EOL a product that
quickly. It might have been nice to keep the version 4 available for
users who find version 5 unsuitable for whatever reason. Microsoft even
keeps IE-5 (although I don't know why) available for download.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+f...@seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or ignored.
Do not CC this poster. Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.