On Monday March 31 2003, Jeff Jirsa wrote (AND Andrew Boothman concurred
with);

> apache2 is the newest version, but I'm not sure it supports
> all of the modules yet. apache13 is "stable" and well known,
> and you could probably get away with installing that.

Apache13 is in...serving pages and happy. Thanks for the tips and
guidelines

> > 2. How would I install apache so that it recognizes php
> (need to learn
> > php rather badly)

> Install the port. It will build PHP as a shared object that
> can be loaded by apache. The port build script will tell you
> which lines to add to your httpd.conf file to get apache to
> load php scripts correctly.
Ummm...OK then. Here's hoping.

> > 3. Speaking of php...how do I install IT on the server? Is
> > it in ports
> > someplace? I don't see it, but maybe I'm being dumb.
>
> `cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php4 && make install clean`

<snoffle> Hah! I think I suffered a premature-something-or-other 'cos
before I read this response, I went to
(I think) /usr/ports/lang and tried to shoehorn php3 into the box. It
failed with all kinds of different build errors. Probably due to me
thinking I should add *everything* on the popup list to the build. It
got indigestion and blew up. Then *I* got indigestion when (for a while)
*nothing* would build. After logging off that session however, I was
able to build stuff later on when relogged in. <muse> wonder why that
happened</muse>

When I get home from work, I'll happily experiment using your
recommendation above. Many thanks for the tips and guidlines yet again.
Time for a bacon sandwich now...oh wait, there's yet more goodies
below.......

> > 4. Ditto MySQL...how/where?
>
> `cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql40-server && make install clean`

Got it....Got it...GOT it! :-) :-) :-) Thanksyooooooooooooooooooooo
More FreeBSD goodness to play with this afternoon....yayyyy!

Now it IS time for a bacon sandwich - if not here, then someplace on
Earth....probably

Greetings from the Netherlands,
-Colin
--