Hi Folks

Does anyone have experience running FreeBSD under VMware? My host OS is WinXP
SP1, running VMware 3.2.

I'm trying to buildworld (5.0-CURRENT as of today) but the virtual machine just
gets slower and slower. When I'm monitoring the stats using top, I notice that
the CPU is spending ~50% of it's time in interrupt. If I Ctrl-C the procedure,
the load goes down, but interrupt % stays around 20-25% and the system is still
slow, even though it's not doing anything!

FreeBSD 4.8-RC2 doesn't seem to have the same problem, I have successfully built
world and it stayed responsive.

I have tried various things like disabling IDE DMA on the in the virtual
machine's BIOS to no effect.

Anyone?

Cheers,

James