On 18/07/2011 19:18, Adam Vande More wrote:
On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 5:24 AM, Howard Jones <ho...@thingy.com <mailto:ho...@thingy.com>> wrote:

    On 18/07/2011 11:14, Gour-Gadadhara Dasa wrote:

    Interesting - I'm in the process of switching our FreeBSD servers to
    Linux (Debian and CentOS), to get away from the packaging/ports
    mess :-)
    I've been spoilt by apt-get and yum and first-class support in Puppet.
    I've been a FreeBSD user since 2.x, but keeping a significant
    number of
    systems up to date is just tedious without a decent binary package
    manager/updater.

What I find interesting is how strongly you speak of FreeBSD's power. You have to replace it with two Linux distributions, greatly expanding your management overhead.

Hehe. Not really - for work it's CentOS. I decided to try Debian for myself on my personal server. Even if it weren't though, I'd still be glad to skip portupgrade and friends. I will miss ipfw and netgraph on the other hand.