Hey everyone,

I have a FBSD 8.2 install. I've been trying to mount DOS formatted floppy disks via a USB floppy drive, and have been getting the following error every time:

cannot mount /dev/da0: invalid argument

I was curious to see what would happen if I created a UFS filesystem on the floppy and tried to mount it. So, I issued the following command:

newfs /dev/da0

It was successful. I then tried to mount the new filesystem (mount /dev/da0 /mnt), and got the same error: invalid argument. Does FBSD have a problem mounting USB floppy disks? It's not a big deal, as my other USB storage devices seem to work, and as I have an ordinary floppy drive I can try, but that curious part of me wants to know why this isn't working.

I can provide dmesg output, if necessary.

Thanks!

James