On Tue, 19 Jul 2011, ajtiM wrote:

My system: FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p1 #0m I use KDE 4.6.5
CUPS and HPLIP are installed.
I have an old broadband router D-604 (dlink), cable Internet and my computer
with FreeBSD and the other one with Windows are connected to the router.
I got HP bussiness inkjet 5000 which was connected to the network (my work).
And the last one: I never had printer on my computer with FreeBSD and looks
like is not so easy to setup.

I just run HP Device Manager and it didn't find anything but light where is
printer connected blink.

Setting up printers on FreeBSD generally isn't that hard. Difficulties come from cheap printers that have oddball page description languages or "host-based" printers which expect bitmaps only, and in a specific format. Some of these printers require a firmware download before they can do anything.

openprinting.org doesn't list a Business Inkjet 5000, so I can't tell what PDLs it understands.