At 21:16 20/07/2011, Michael W. Lucas wrote:

It's at gigabit:

em0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500

options=219b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4,WOL_MAGIC>
        ether 00:15:17:31:c8:fe
        inet xxxxxxx
        media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
        status: active

All seems to be ok, try a netstat -I em0 -d (it's a capital 'i') to get statistics. If too much packets are dropped recheck cables.

Other options:

a) 30 MB/s looks very strange, do you have pf or similar with a filter rule?
b) Have you checked your disk i/o performance?
c) If you generate the data dinamically, may be your producer app is the problem.

About the em specific problem under 8.2 you cite, others can guide better than me.

HTH

Thanks,
==ml