On 8/5/2011 9:40 AM, Mark Felder wrote:
On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 11:15:21 -0500, Drew Tomlinson <d...@mykitchentable.net> wrote:
Just recently, I noticed that my server can't resolve for some names. The ones I've noticed are for Microsoft domains, specifically go.microsoft.com and time.windows.com. For example:

What kind of firewall stuff are you doing? Is it possible you're dropping the DNS
replies when they're TCP? This happens when the reply is a certain size.

Thanks Mark. That may have something to do with it. I upgraded my wireless router to a Linksys E3000 a couple of days ago which is also my "firewall". This thing is a piece of crap! Lots of weirdness regarding port forwarding. Some works. Some doesn't. Tech support is worthless. I'm going to take it back and exchange for another. Hopefully a new one will work right.

Anyway, put my previous router/firewall back in place and now my DNS server is able to resolve. Thus the firewalling thing was likely the problem.

Any ideas on how to get Bind logging going?

Cheers,

Drew

--
Like card tricks?