Hey everyone,

I have the FreeBSD DVD (amd64) and, during an install, used the Fixit option (while choosing to mount the DVD as the live filesystem) to load a kernel module. After exiting the fixit shell and attempting a standard install, when it came time to install packages, I got the following error:

Error mounting /dev/acd0 on /dist: Input/output error (5)

I also noticed that once I've chosen the CDROM/DVD option under Fixit once, I can't do it again, and get the same error when I try. It appears that /dev/acd0 can only be mounted once by the installer.

Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a way to work around this so that I can load kernel modules before continuing on with the installation? I could remain within the fixit environment and do the entire install manually, but I'd really rather not do that...

Thanks!

James