On 21/08/2011 05:13, Jorge Biquez wrote:
> if for some reason, I know it is impossible, but if for some reason
> FreeBSD would stop existing... serious users of FreeBSD, what would be
> your next OS?

If the FreeBSD project disbanded (for some unimaginable reason), then I
guess I'd have to choose an OS based on one of the forks of FreeBSD code
base that would undoubtedly be created as a reaction to that.

About the only thing that could conceivably cause FreeBSD to disband
would be some sort of deep schism and internecine conflict within the
developer community.  Even so, the usual course is for one of the
schismatic groups to leave in a huff and start their own project,
leaving the rump of the original to lick its wounds and carry on.

Any damage is generally only a temporary thing: eventually it makes the
whole community stronger due to cross fertilization between the various
different branches.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                  Flat 3