On 08/24/2011 09:34 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
I am from Linux (Debian & Ubuntu) and I will have to intensively use
FreeBSD on servers (DNS, Database, Routing...)

I would like to install a FreeBSD on my laptop (Dell Inspiron, or some
Asus not defined yet) and then virtualize a lot (KVM seems OK) in order
to get used.

From all the answers I got, the best solution for me is:
- run Linux as host
- virtualize FreeBSD as far as I intend to use it on Rack servers

Installing it directly as host would drive me to overhead.
Maybe after mastering "headless" administration I could try it on a laptop.

Anyway, thank you all for your advices and see you if I get the job! :-)

--
RMA.