17.09.2011 00:39, free...@top-consulting.net wrote:
I even went as far as disabling the cache flush option of ZFS through
this variable: vfs.zfs.cache_flush_disable: 1, since I already have the
write cache of the controller. I've also set some other variables as per
the Tuning guide but according to several benchmarks ( iozone, bonnie++,
dd ) ZFS still comes in slower than UFS at pretty much everything.

Oh, so you are making setup for running iozone, bonnie++ and dd continuously?

You really like to wait for hours before fsck will finish checking for your volume?

Listen to the others, you need real world benchmark, not some stress-tests.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.