On 09/21/2011 09:16 AM, Eduardo Morras wrote:

Hi, i have this used pci express industrial card (PCIe 2.0 x4) with 1GB:

http://www.ieiworld.com/product_groups/industrial/content.aspx?gid=00001000010000000001&cid=08141333914287007902&id=0A263601401161285688

I want to install a NanoBSD with ZFS and 3 Sata disks. Unfortunately i know nothing about this topic. Does anynone know if this type of cards can be connected to a server? Can i access the zfs raidz on it througth the pci express interface?

The card documentation says nothing about its use on normal pc as expansion card, only on pci express backplanes.

TIA
I would posit that it is only for use as on a PCI Express backplane; I don't even see how it would fit in a standard PCI Express slot (seeing as the backplane connector is physically longer than the PCI Express connector). Moreover, the card itself looks like a system-on-a-board (a complete computer system on a single mainboard).

--Joseph Lenox