Please check the following link:
http://www.daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=6373

I am attempting to install FreeBSD from DVD
(FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso.xz)

Installing on a Dell PE-2950 with six 300Gb Hds installed via Perc5i Serial
Attached SCSI. The controller has mirrored drives 0 & 1 creating virtual device
mfid0.

I can boot the install CD and go through the process of install prep but once I
answer the last question to begin the install I get the following error:
"Unable to find device node for /dev/mfid0s1b..."

More details are in the forum on DaemonForums where I first asked.

Please reply directly AND in the forum because I am not actually a member of
this list.  Thanks!

Ben
-- -- --
http://themiraclemansion.com