On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 09:01:18PM +0200, Erik Trulsson wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 10:09:34AM -0800, Gary D Kline wrote:
> >
> >     Hi people,
> >
> >     I cvsup'd (finally) to 4.8 from 4.3 on my primary nameserver.
> >     Should I expect any unexpecteds here or will the standard
> >     work:
> >
> >     make world, make and install kernel; single-user to install
> >     world; mergemaster, reboot
> >
> >     ???
> >
> >     Clues, tips, insights welcome!
>
> Remember to read /usr/src/UPDATING.  Most potential pitfalls and
> problems should be described there.
> (Be sure to read the 20020404 entry in particular. You need to run
> mergemaster -p  before installworld or the installworld will fail.)

        Thanks duly noted to you and Kent Stewart.  I caught the
        "smmsp" factoid before upgrading other servers to 4.7 and
        4.7-PRE but it had slipped thru the seive of my memory,
        so your tip is appreciated!

        Anyway, about to launch (and down several shots of Bourbon:).
        If thought.org disappears from the net, you'll know what
        happened....

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix