Ok this might be a bit of a newbie question but here goes.

 I have a large number of directories  around 300 which all have sub dirs, some
of those have sub dirs in each of these there are two further sub dirs called
pages and thumbnails, is there an easy way to remove all the pages and
thumbnail dirs from the tree?

whilst there's been posts listing magic one liners which'd do this, i
think this is a prime example of where i'd use a scripting language
(perl/php whatever) to either do the deletes or to output shell commands
which can be previewed/piped to a shell script.

i love the one liners, but you don't want them to be 'one-chancers'!

will keep my eye on the dundee utd sites for 404's :)

Paul.