On 11/04/11 23:53, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 23:27:54 -0700
James Colannino<ja...@colannino.org>  wrote:

What I want to know is, are there tools that will check the ports
I've installed and tell me if any of my packages are linked against
libraries that are no longer there?  I'm paranoid that at some point,
while I'm building and installing updates, I'm going to break
something.

The port sysutils/bsdadminscripts includes a tool called pkg_libchk,
which does exactly what you're looking for.

Perfect.  Thanks!

I've been using FreeBSD for a little while now, but I'm still
learning... :)  Thanks in advance!

Hey, we're all (even us so-called "old-timers") "still learning".  :-)

:)

James