Mike Meyer wrote:
In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Walter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:

After installing a port using "pkg_add -r <util>," the only
way I know to be able to type <util> at the command prompt
to have it execute is either to reboot, or to make an alias
for it by hand.  Surely there's a better way.  Is there a
way to make the OS make a link auto-majically?  Thanks.

This is your shell, not the OS. Without knowing which shell you are using, I can't say for sure, but you might try the "rehash" command.

<mike

Beauty! Worked great. (It's the /bin/csh.) Maybe someone could add a note on this to the ports/packages section of the handbook??

Thanks.

Walter