On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 13:25:30 -0600, Randal L. Schwartz <mer...@stonehenge.com> wrote:

Why doesn't the freebsd-update command invoke mergemaster with -F?

Or is there some step that I'm leaving out?

Does freebsd-update follow /etc/mergemaster.rc?

# Automatically install files that do not exist
AUTO_INSTALL='yes'
# Automatically upgrade files that have not been edited
AUTO_UPGRADE='yes'
# Ignore files that I don't want changed
IGNORE_FILES='/etc/motd'
# Do not display changes that only affect whitespace
#DIFF_FLAG="'.Bub'"
# Ignore CVS id lines to stop replacing files where only that line has changed
DIFF_OPTIONS='-I$FreeBSD:.*[$]'

This is precisely why I still do source upgrades most of the time. But I haven't tried since I started using mergemaster.rc.

Regards,

Mark