Hello,

according to the rc.conf(5) manual page, the
ifconfig_<interface>_alias_<n> mechanism has been deprecated:

        And so on.  For each ifconfig_<interface>_alias<n> entry that
        is found, its contents are passed to ifconfig(8).
        Execution stops at the first unsuccessful access, so if
        something like this is present:

        ifconfig_ed0_alias0="inet 127.0.0.251 netmask 0xffffffff"
        ifconfig_ed0_alias1="inet 127.0.0.252 netmask 0xffffffff"
        ifconfig_ed0_alias2="inet 127.0.0.253 netmask 0xffffffff"
        ifconfig_ed0_alias4="inet 127.0.0.254 netmask 0xffffffff"

        Then note that alias4 would not be added since the search
        would stop with the missing `alias3'' entry.  Due to this
        difficult to manage behavior, the
        ifconfig_<interface>_alias<n> form is deprecated.

I can't see any further hints by what it has been deprecated, and the
net is full of examples using this mechanism. Can someone point me to
whereever some equivalent functionality has been implemented? Should I
file a PR, or am I just being blind? (Machine is running 9.1-RC1, maybe
it has been deprecated after 8)

Best regards,

Moritz