On 11/19/2011 05:21 PM, Robert Bonomi wrote:
Kaya Saman<kayasa...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hi,

I've got a really strange problem which seems to either be a bug with
the syslog server service or perhaps because I'm running jails on my
system.....

I can log my router syslog information but somehow the syslog server
doesn't put the information into the designated file; which should be
/var/log/cisco857w.log???

The -usual- 'gotcha' for this situation is that you have to _create_ the
file FIRST, and then tell syslogd to reload it's configuration.  (i.e.
'kill -HUP' the PID for syslogd)

That's ok, however due to me running syslogd in debug mode anyway - ctrl + c should do that anyway..... I performed a: ps aux | grep syslog with no result other then my 'grepping' displayed.

Meaning that the syslog daemon should have reloaded right? - I mean it's standard for everything else which works in that way!