You can rate-limit pings and other icmp with sysctl nodes (sysctl
net.inet.icmp )

You can make the rule a little more restrictive:

add allow icmp from any to any icmptypes 0,3,8,11

if you want to disallow echo requests, omit 8 - the others are
essential for most things to work properly or to diagnose problems.